Rules of Micro Soccer
20x30 yards with smaller goals at each end
All games are played with the smaller size 3 ball.
Prior to the start of each game, the age groups will be divided into equal six person teams. Games will be played 4v4 with no goalie.
The game will consist of 2 25-minute halves with a 5 minute half time. A parent on the sideline will keep the clock for the game.
Role of the Coach:
The head coach from each age group will be on the fields during the games but will use the assistance of a parent volunteer to handle substitutions. The head coaches will divide the teams each week for game play.
There are no referees in Micro Soccer. The parent volunteer will help serve the referee role based on the basic rules of the 4v4 game.
Basic Rules of the Micro Soccer Game:
- No offsides
- When the ball goes out of bounds over the sidelines, it is put back into play by a kick-in from the spot it went out of bounds. The kick-in cannot be shot directly into the goal.
- When the ball goes over the end line, it is put back into play by either dribbling or a kick-in from the spot where it went over the end line. There are no corner kicks.
- After a goal has been scored, play shall begin by a restart at mid-field.
- The coaches and/or parent volunteers act as field supervisors or managers instead of referees.
- Players can score from anywhere on the field.
- All fouls are penalized by an indirect free kick. The opponent must be three yards away from the ball at the time of the kick.
- No slide tackles are allowed.
- No penalty kicks are allowed.
- Substitutions are made on the fly.
- Equal time shall be allowed for all players.
No scores or stats should be kept.
All players, coaches and parent volunteers should shake hands at the conclusion of the match.